Here are some of the key facts about Ares, the Greek God of War.
- Ares was the son of Zeus and Hera. He had a twin sister called Eris.
- Quick to anger and very violent, Ares was involved all fights and battles.
- Ares did not care about the right and wrongs of a dispute, he was just focused on the combat and bloodshed. This made him a very dangerous god and very unreliable ally.
- Ares was athletic, handsome and often war full battle armour.
- He had the ability to change his form, and he killed Adonis while in the shape of a boar.
- Ares had a relationship with Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love. They had a son called Eros and a daughter called Harmonia.
- Mars was the Roman equivalent of Ares.
- On the battlefield, Ares was always joined by Phobos (panic) and Deimos (fear).
Click here to learn more about some of the other Greek gods and goddesses.