Here are some facts about Chris d’Lacey, author of The Last Dragon Chronicles.
- Chris d’Lacey was born in Valletta, Malta on 15th December, 1954.
- He studied biology at the University of York.
- He didn’t start to write novels until he was 32 years old.
- Before becoming a full-time author, Chris worked at Leicester University as a research technician.
- His first children’s novel was called Fly, Cherokee, Fly. It was published in 1998.
- His bestselling books are the The Last Dragon Chronicles featuring the main character, David Rain.
- Chris d’Lacey’s favourite book in The Last Dragon Chronicles series is The Fire Within.
- As a child he really liked the Paddington Bear books by Michael Bond. He also loved The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Roald Dahl and Alan Ahlberg are his favouite children’s authors.
- He loves writing and recording songs. He wanted to be in a band when he was a teenager, but he wasn’t a very good musician and he couldn’t sing very well. Now, he plays ukulele.
- His favouite sandwich is Lancashire cheese with brown sauce.
- Chris d’Lacey has published more than 35 books.
What next? Check out our books and authors resources page for more children’s author facts.