Here are some facts about Giles Andreae.
- Giles Andreae was born in 1966 in London, UK.
- He went to school at Eton and then studied English at Oxford University.
- Giles Andreae created the funny cartoon Purple Ronnie.
- His wife is called Victoria and they have four children.
- Giraffes Can’t Dance is his most well-known children’s book. Commotion in the Ocean is incredibly popular, too.
- Rumble in the Jungle was the first children’s book he had published.
- His favourite children’s book is Yertle the Turtle by Dr Seuss.
- Some of the little things that make him happy are: cola fizzes, playing the guitar, Yorkshire puddings, his bed, unexpected kindness, pork scratchings, poetry, long hot baths and dishwashers.
- To date, he has sold more than 3 million books.
- Dr Seuss is his favourite children’s author.
- Giles Andreae says that Edward Lear, Lewis Carroll and Spike Milligan were big influences on his work.
- He didn’t enjoy maths lessons at school.
- He once shared an office with Richard Curtis, the creator of Blackadder.
- He loved reading the Nicholas books by Rene Goscinny to his own children.
- Giles Andreae is good friends with David Cameron and was a member of the infamous Bullingdon Club, along with Cameron and Boris Johnson.
What next? Discover some more facts about children’s authors.