What is Tom Fletcher famous for?
Tom Fletcher is best known for being the founder of the band McFly of which he is the main vocalist and rhythm guitarist. He is also a successful songwriter and a bestselling author of children’s books. He appeared on the Strictly Come Dancing TX show in 2021.
Tom Fletcher Facts
- Tom Fletcher was born on 17 July 1985 in Harrow, London.
- He attended the Slyvia Young Theatre School, and at the age of just ten he appeared in the Oliver! musical in London’s West End.
- He went to school with Matt Willis from Busted.
- Tom auditioned to be a member of the pop group Busted. He didn’t make it to the final line-up, but he was offered a place on Busted’s songwriting team.
- The band McFly formed when Tom Fletcher met Danny Jones. The due moved to London, and by 2003 Harry Judd (drums) and Dougie Poynter (bass) had joined the band.
- In 2004, McFly beat the Beatles by becoming the youngest band to have their first album (Room on the 3rd Floor) debut at number one in the charts. Most of the songs were written by Tom Fletcher and Danny Jones.
- In 2012 Tom married his girlfriend Fiovanna Falcone. She is an author, a YouTuber and she won the twentieth series of I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!
- Tom Fletcher has been writing children’s books since 2012. His books have been translated into more than 30 languages.
- His height is about 5′ 9″ (or 179 cm).
- He wrote On a Rainbow, the official song of the London 2012 Olympics.
- His YouTube video titled My Wedding Speech has been viewed more than 20 million times.
- Tom appeared in the Paw Patrol movie, voicing a dog character called Rocket.
- He has several tattoos, including one of a large triceratops dinosaur on his arm – its three horns represent his three children (Buzz, Buddy and Max).
Did Tom Fletcher write songs for One Direction?
As well as having written songs for Busted, and being one of the key songwriters in his own band McFly, Tom Fletcher wrote the song I Want for One Direction and it was included on their Up All Night album. He also wrote I Would (along with McFly bandmates Dougie Poynter and Danny Jones) for One Direction’s second album Take Me Home, and a track called Don’t Forget Where You Belong for the band’s third album Midnight Memories.
In addition, Tom Fletcher has also written songs for The Vamps, 5 Seconds of Summer and James Bourne.
What was Tom Fletcher’s first book?
Tom Fletcher and McFly bandmate Dougie Poynter collaborated on a children’s book called The Dinosaur that Pooped Christmas. It was released in 2012, and a sequel, The Dinosaur that Pooped a Planet, came out in 2013. Since then, the pair have written several other books in the series,
His first children’s book Tom wrote on his own was called The Christmasaurus. It was published in October 2016.
Who is Tom Fletcher’s famous sister?
Tom Fletcher’s sister is called Carrie Hope Fletcher. She is a bestselling writer, an actress, and a singer-songwriter.
She is younger than Tom, and she made her West End debut in the Miserables in 2001 at the age of nine.
How much did Tom Fletcher win on The Cube?
In 2011, Tom Fletcher appeared on The Cube (an ITV game show). He became only the third person to win £100,000, and he donated the money to the Comic Relief fund and BIRT (Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust).
Was Tom Fletcher a member of McBusted?
Formed in 2013, McBusted were a supergroup, combing the bands McFly and Busted. The members were Tom Fletcher, James Bourne, Danny Jones, Matt Willis, Dougie Poynter, and Harry Judd. Charlie Simpson (formerly of Busted) didn’t take part.
The band recorded one album McBusted, released two singles, played more than twenty live shows, and broke up in 2015.
Who was Tom Fletcher’s partner in Strictly Come Dancing 2021?
Tom Fletcher appeared on the nineteenth series of the TV show Strictly Come Dancing. He was partnered with Amy Dowden. The couple were voted out on Week 9.