Who is Rosalind Monks?
Rosalind Monks is a British artist, illustrator and graphic designer. Her work is inspired by the natural world, and her intricate black and white drawings feature densely-patterned imaginings of birds, insects, and other animals
Disclaimer: This post includes Amazon product images that include affiliate links to Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, Primary Facts earns from qualifying purchases.
Facts About Rosalind Monks
- Rosalind Monks grew up in Switzerland in the mountains above Lake Geneva.
- As a child, she enjoyed skiing and taking hikes in the Swiss countryside.
- After studying in Maidstone, Kent, she went to university in Brighton, England, studying fashion design and then illustration. She liked living close to the sea.
- After university, Rosalind Monks travelled around Australia, living out of her car.
- She moved from Australia to New Zealand, and she spent three years exploring the beautiful scenery.
- Rosalind Monks has now returned to the Swiss Alps, and she takes inspiration from the stunning and dramatic natural environment.
- Her highly detailed, intensely patterned, black and white illustrations have appeared on numerous products and marketing campaigns, including Faction skis, OZED sunglasses, Altitude Brewery, Kleenex, Burton Europe, Mons Royale.
- In 2017, she illustrated A Tale of Tea, a book written by her father John Monks.
- Her illustrations have been turned into the adult-colouring books Lost in a Daydream and Lost in the Wilderness.
- She enjoys the flexibility of working as a self-employed artist and designer, and likes to work whenever she is inspired rather than keeping a rigid work schedule.
- She produced a large handrawn street art mural featuring a lynx in Crans-Montana, Switzerland. She used POSCA pens.
- Rosalind Monks is active on Instagram (rosalindmonks) and there are lots of examples of her work on her website.