Max Brallier is a children’s author, best known for his The Last Kids on Earth series.
Disclaimer: This post includes Amazon product images that include affiliate links to Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, Primary Facts earns from qualifying purchases.
Facts About Max Brallier
- Max Brallier was born in 1983 in Belmont, Massachusetts, United States.
- After moving to Pittsburgh with his family when he was four years old, he returned to Massachusetts in 1991, and he attended Joshua Eaton Elementary and Parker Middle School.
- Parker Middle School is one of the main inspirations for the middle school that appears in The Last Kids on Earth books.
- He attended Reading Memorial High School and studied film at Ithaca College in 2005.
- Before becoming an author, Max Brallier worked as a game designer for Poptropica (a virtual world).
- His first books for children were the Eerie Elementary books. He wrote these under the pen name Jack Chabert.
- He has also written books for LEGO, Adventure Time, and Steven Universe.
- His most popular books are The Last Kids on Earth stories, and he has also published a series of books called Galactic Hot Dogs.
- In 2019, Netflix produced an animated TV show based on Max Brallier’s The Last Kids on Earth books. Max Brallier is credited as creator and executive producer.
- His daughter is called Lila.
- He wrote The Last Kids on Earth books because they were the books he would have enjoyed when he was growing up.
- Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) and Rosario Dawson (Ashoka Tano) are both voice actors for The Last Kids on Earth TV series.
- He collects vintage Star Wars toys, and his favourite Star Wars movie is A New Hope (Episode 4).
- He enjoys the movies Big and Elf. He has also been inspired by the movies Labyrinth, The Goonies, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, The Wizard, King Kong vs Godzilla, and the Indiana Jones and Star Wars films.
- Elmore Leonard is one of his favourite authors.
- Max Brallier likes to write in the morning after he’s had a shower and had a cup of coffee. He writes at home and in coffee shops.
- He has enjoyed books written by Stephen King, Neil Gaiman, Frank Miller, Denis Lahane, and Robert B Parker.
- He always outlines his books before he writes them, and he often uses a corkboard and index cards to plan out his books’ scenes.
- Max Brallier wrote a series of zombie books using the Choose Your Own Adventure format where the reader can choose how the main character responds to different situations in the story. The series was called Can You Survive the Zombie Apocalypse?
- Rover, the dog in The Last Kids on Earth books, is based on a pet Max Brallier had when he was growing up.
- Some of the monsters in The Last Kids on Earth series were inspired by the Graboids from the movie Tremors and the rancor from Return of the Jedi.
- When he’s not writing, Jack Brallier enjoys playing video games, riding his bike, and travelling.
- Some of his favourite books when he was a child included the Where’s Waldo? books, the Hardy Boys series, Harriet the Spy, Bunnicula, the Goosebumps series, and Jeff Smith’s Bone series.
- He is a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers NFL team, the Pittsburgh Pirates MLB team, and the Boston Celtics NBA team.
- If he had a superpower, he’d like to fly.
- His favourite foods are hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza, Choco Tacos, Goobers (chocolate-covered peanuts), and Phish Food ice cream.
- Max Brallier enjoys the TV shows Firefly, The Simpsons, Seinfeld, and the Regular Show.
Other Max Brallier Information
Why did Max Brallier become an author?
As a child, Max Brallier realized he enjoyed telling stories and he wanted to d something creative when he grew up. He started to write in college, and after he became a marketer for a book publishing company, he began to meet editors and book agents and eventually managed to secure writing jobs for himself.