Lisa Congdon is an American artist, illustrator, and author. She is best known for her colourful drawings and lettering.
Disclaimer: This post includes Amazon product images that include affiliate links to Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, Primary Facts earns from qualifying purchases.
Facts About Lisa Congdon
- Lisa Congdon was born in 1968. She grew up in New York and Northern California.
- Her mother was a textile artist.
- She was a competitive swimmer.
- She married Clay Lauren Walsh in 2013.
- She lives in Portland, Oregon, US.
- Before becoming an artist, she worked in public education as both a teacher and an administrator.
- She took some art classes in her thirties, and she discovered a talent and a passion for drawing and painting.
- She is the author of several books, including The Joy of Swimming, Art Inc: The Essential Guide to Building Your Career as an Artist, Twenty Ways to Draw a Tulip, and Older Women Leading Extraordinary Lives.
- She has produced a series of colouring books called Just Add Color.
- Lisa Congdon’s illustrations have been included in several books, including Tender Buttons by Gertrude Stein, and Broad Strokes.
- Her artwork has been exhibited in San Francisco, Portland, and Atlanta.
- She has provided artwork for numerous clients around the world, including Amazon, Sonos, AirB&B, Target, Google, Method, and REI.
- She hosts a podcast called The Lisa Congdon Sessions.
- Lisa Congdon’s work is influenced by folk art, textiles, and the bold and bright graphic design of the 1970s.
- Her favourite art medium is paint. She enjoys painting acrylic paint on wood, or gouache on paper.
- She enjoys reading and watching TV shows about true crime.
- Lisa Congdon enjoys cycling.
- She likes the Top Chef, Project Runway, and Downton Abbey TV shows.
- Japanese food is her favourite cuisine.
- Alexander Girard is one of her favourite artists.
- One of her favourite mottos is – Begin anyhow.
- She keeps dogs as pets, and she has had ones named Wilfredo and Milkshake.
- She likes shopping for vintage items at flea markets and antique malls.
- She is an avid reader, and she often listens to audiobooks when working in her studio.
- She often gets up before 6 o’clock in the morning.
- Her favourite author is Ursula Hegi (the writer of Salt Dancers and Stones from the River).
Kindness is something I value most in myself and other people. You can’t necessarily love everyone that you meet or come into contact with in this world—that requires time and effort and circumstance—but you certainly can be kind.Lisa Congdon