Andy Maitland is an English artist who creates artwork using a tablet. He describes himself as an iPad artist.
Facts About Andy Maitland
- Andy Maitland lives and works in Surrey, England.
- His artwork is created on an iPad, and it is usually inspired by the landscapes of the county of Surrey.
- He has been using an iPad as a tool to create art since 2011, using either a stylus or his fingers to make digital marks on the screen.
- He often uses the Brushes Redux iPad app to create his art.
- He often works outdoors, drawing directly onto his iPad from observation.
- Andy Maitland has created artwork for numerous companies and clients, including Apple, London Heathrow Airport, the Hurlingham Club, the NHS, the Royal Horticultural Society, and the London Symphony Orchestra.
- His first solo gallery show was in 2016.
- In 2018, he experimented with incorporating augmented reality elements into his work, allowing his audience to use their phones to fuse his work with the real world.
- In 2019, he added animated elements to his iPad drawings.
- Since 2020 Andy Maitland has started to create abstract iPad art.
- His work has been exhibited at the V&A Museum in London.
- A collection of his work has been turned into a digital iBook called iPad Paintings & Drawings. It is available from Apple’s iBookstore.
- He regularly gives talks about his artistic process and the work he has created.
- He sells his artwork on his website. The iPad drawings are printed onto large acrylic panels.