Harry Kane is an English footballer who plays as a striker for Tottenham Hotspur and England.
Disclaimer: This post includes Amazon product images that include affiliate links to Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, Primary Facts earns from qualifying purchases.
Facts About Harry Kane
- Harry Kane was born in 1993 in the east London town of Walthamstow.
- He has an older brother called Charlie.
- When he was a boy, Harry Kane’s family moved to Chingford in Essex, and he went to Larkswood Primary School.
- When he was six years old, he joined the Ridgeway Rovers football club.
- Teddy Sheringham (a striker for Tottenham and England) was one of his biggest football heroes when he was young. He was also inspired by David Beckham, Brazil’s Ronaldo, and Jermain Defoe.
- Harry Kane originally joined the Arsenal youth academy, but he was released after just one year for not being athletic enough. At the age of 11, he joined the Tottenham Hotspur academy. He played some games as a holding midfielder and some games as an attacking midfielder.
- He attended the Chingford Foundation School, the same high school that David Beckham went to.
- In the 2009-10 season, Harry Kane scored 18 goals in 22 appearances for Tottenham’s under-18 side.
- In July 2010, he signed his first professional contract.
- Harry Kane made his Tottenham debut against the Scottish team Hearts in a UEFA Europa League qualification round second leg match. He won a penalty, but his penalty kick was saved by the goalkeeper.
I think self-belief is a massive thing in football. If you don’t believe in yourself, not many others will. Work hard and believe in yourself, and I think you’ll go as far as your body will take you.Harry Kane
- In the early part of his Tottenham career, Harry Kane had loan spells at Leyton Orient, Millwall, Norwich, and Leicester.
- In April 2014, Harry Kane made his first Premier League start for Tottenham. He scored, and he went on to score in his next two matches as well.
- In the 2014-15 season, Harry Kane scored 21 Premier League goals in 34 appearances. He was voted the PFA Young Player of the Year.
- Harry Kane won the Premier League Golden Boot (awarded to the league’s top goalscorer) for the 2015-16 season after scoring 25 goals in 38 games. He won the award again in 2016-17 (scoring 29 goals in 30 appearances).
- In the 2017-18 season, Harry Kane became the first player to score 6 hat-tricks in one Premier League season. He also scored 39 Premier League goals in one calendar year, beating a record set by Alan Shearer.
- During the 2020-21 season, Harry Kane scored 23 goals (earning him his third Golden Boot award), and he finished with the most Premier League assists (earning him the Premier League Playmaker of the Year award).
- Harry Kane made his England debut in 2016. He scored 80 seconds after coming on as a replacement for Wayne Rooney against Lithuania at Wembley Stadium.
- He captained England for the first time in 2017.
- At the time of writing (2022), Harry Kane is England’s second all-time leading goalscorer (50 goals), and he has scored 183 Premier League goals.
- Harry Kane has a sponsorship deal with Nike.
When I broke into the Premier League, I was not quite as physically developed as the other players. With Mauricio Pochettino, we did a lot in the gym, trying to improve my strength and speed and power. I got a bit addicted to improving the statistics. I put pressure on myself to get better.Harry Kane
- In 2020, Harry Kane sponsored Leyton Orient’s shirts to help the club deal with the financial burden imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic. The home shirt showed a thank-you message to the staff of the NHA, and the away shirt displayed a Haven House Children’s Hospice logo.
- Harry Kane married Katie Goodland. They met in high school. They have three children.
- Harry Kane’s Labrador retrievers were named Brady and Wilson after the NFL quarterbacks, Tom Brady and Russell Wilson.
- In his free time, he enjoys playing golf.
- In 2019, Harry Kane was made an MBE (Member of the Order of the British Empire) for services to football.
- In 2018, he won the World Cup Golden Boot after scoring 6 goals in the tournament.
- Harry Kane is a big NFL fan. Tom Brady is one of his sporting heroes and Harry Kane has expressed an interest in trying out as an American Football kicker after his footballing career has come to an end.
- He enjoys watching the Dexter TV show.
Football is my job. I dedicated a lot of time and work to be where I am now, and I think some players lose sight of that. You start to think the other things are more important, more exciting, but what I am paid for is to work hard and be professional.Harry Kane
- Some of his favourite foods include chicken paella, steak, brown rice, and salad. For breakfast, he enjoys brown toast, omelette, and spinach.
- One of his favourite films is 2009’s Law Abiding Citizen starring Jamie Foxx and Gerard Butler.
- Ryan Gosling is one of his favourite actors.