Jack Grealish is an English professional football player who plays as an attacking midfielder for Manchester City and England. He is best known for his ability to dribble past defenders.
Disclaimer: This post includes Amazon product images that include affiliate links to Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, Primary Facts earns from qualifying purchases.
Facts About Jack Grealish
- Jack Grealish was born in Birmingham, England in 1995.
- He grew up in the town of Solihull, and he went to Solihull’s Our Lady of Compassion Roman Catholic Primary School and St Peter’s Roman Catholic Secondary School.
- Three of his four grandparents come from Ireland, and Jack Grealish played Gaelic football from the age of 10 to 14.
- Jack Grealish’s younger brother, Keelan, died at the age of just 9 months in 2000.
- Jack Grealish’s great-great-grandfather, Billy Garraty, played for Aston Villa. He won the 1905 FA Cup Final, and he earned one England cap.
- As a young child, Jack Grealish played for Highgate United (a team based in Solihull).
- He joined Aston Villa (the club he supported) at the age of six.
- He was loaned by Aston Villa to Notts County in 2013, and he made his professional debut for Notts County against Milton Keynes.
- He made his debut for Aston Villa in May 2014 against Manchester City in the Premier League.
I wouldn’t change what I do for the world – every single day, I’m lucky to be doing what I’m doing.Jack Grealish
- In 2019, when Jack Grealish was captain, Aston Villa won a club-record 10 league wins in a row.
- In the 2019-20 Premier League season, Jack Grealish was fouled 167 times, a Premier League record. He was voted Aston Villa’s player of the season.
- In 2021, Jack Grealish signed for Manchester City. The transfer fee was $100 million, making Jack Grealish the most expensive English player.
- Jack Grealish has represented both the Republic of Ireland and England at under-21 level.
- He made his senior debut for England in 2020 against Denmark.
- Jack Grealish wears shin pads designed for children, and he wears his socks rolled down.
- He enjoys listening to the music of Elvis Prestley and the band Queen.
- He has three siblings – a brother (Kevan) and two sisters (Holly and Kiera).
- He loves spending time with his family.
- The best Christmas present he ever received was an orange BMX.
- Pigs in blankets are his favourite part of a Christmas dinner.
- He likes to eat out with family and friends.
- Jack Grealish would like Leonardo Di Caprio to play him if a movie was made of his life
- He is a terrible cook and can only make cheese on toast.
- Jack Grealish’s dad watched every single one of his son’s matches when he was growing up.
Certain players just watch a little bit of football — not me, I watch everything. When I’m at home, no matter what game is on, I will watch it. Ask me about any player and I’ll know all about him.Jack Grealish