LeBron James is an American basketball star, currently playing for the Los Angeles Lakers.
Disclaimer: This post includes Amazon product images that include affiliate links to Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, Primary Facts earns from qualifying purchases.
Facts About LeBron James
- LeBron James was born in 1984 in Akron Ohio, US.
- His full name is LeBron Raymone James.
- He was raised by his mother, Gloria Marie James, who was sixteen when her son was born.
- LeBron James had a challenging life when he was a child. They were often forced to move apartments, and they could only afford to live in the roughest parts of Akron.
- When he was nine years old, LeBron James’ mother arranged for him to live with the family of Frank Walker, a youth football coach. She believed this would give her son a more stable and secure home environment.
- Frank Walker introduced LeBron James to organized basketball, and he became good enough to join the Northeast Ohio Shooting Star team.
- LeBron James became an important player for the Shooting Stars, and, along with Sian Cotton, Dru Joyce III, and Willie McGee, he helped the team to become very successful. The four star players called themselves the Fab Four.
- The Fab Four agreed to go to the same high school, and they decided to attend St Vincent-St Mary High School in Akron, Ohio.
- LeBron James became a high school basketball sensation. In his freshman year, he averaged 21 points per game. As a junior, he averaged 29 points, more than 8 rebounds, and more than 5 assists per game.
- The St Vincent-St Mary High School home games became so popular they had to be played at the Rhodes Arena at the University of Akron in order to satisfy the demand for tickets.
- LeBron James was named Gatorade Player of the Year, becoming the first high school junior to win the award.
- As a high school student, LeBron James appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated magazine. He was also featured in Slam magazine.
- During his senior year, LeBron James averaged more than 31 points per game, 9.6 rebounds, 4.6 assists, and more than 3 steals per game.
- His high school games as a senior were broadcast nationally on the ESPN2 channel.
- LeBron James also played American football at high school. He was a wide receiver, and many experts believe that he could have played professionally had he not decided to pursue a basketball career.
- LeBron James was selected by the Cleveland Cavaliers with the number one pick in the 2003 NBA draft. He won the NBA Rookie of the Year Award.
- In the 2008-09 NBA season, LeBron James led his team in points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks.
- He was voted NBA MVP in 2009 and 2010 (as a Cleveland Cavalier). He also won the award twice with the Miami Heat (in 2012 and 2013)
- He joined the Miami Heat in 2010, teaming with NBA stars Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. The Miami Heat won the NBA Finals in 2012 and 2013.
- In 2014, LeBron James returned to the Cleveland Cavaliers, and he led the team to victory in the 2016 NBA Finals.
- LeBron James joined the Los Angeles Lakers in 2018. He guided them to victory in the 2020 NBA Finals, giving James his fourth title, and making him the third player in NBA history to win a championship with three different teams.
- During the 2020-21 season LeBron James became the first player in NBA history to reach the milestone of 30,000 career points, 10,000 career rebounds, 10,000 career assists.
- LeBron James has made 18 consecutive NBA All-Star appearances.
- He is 6′ 9″ tall, and he weighs 250 pounds.
- LeBron James is married to Savannah Brinson. They have three children – Bronny, Bryce, and Zhuri. LeBron James has expressed a desire to play an NBA game on the same court as his son Bronny.
- He has appeared in several movies, including Space Jam: A New Legacy (2021), Trainwreck (2015), and More than a Game (2008).
- He is often referred to by his nickname King James.